Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A bright share today from Chantal ;)

Good morning, Purple Pumpkin fans!

Today I'd like to share with you a layout I created using one of the latest sketches at Creative Scrappers. It's a brightly-coloured layout... even brighter than my "norm"... and you know that's bright! You may need a pair of sunnies... LOL, just kidding! ;)


I wanted to a happy, colourful page to suit these lovely photos of my daughter Lucy on her new bike. I've fussy-cut around one of them and used it rather like a large embellishment.

My background was done by glimmermisting over an old used chipboard alpha sheet, then I've used clouds cut out from patterned paper (that I'd previously used as masks on another layout, that I shared here last month) to trace around, I then cut these out, backing them with nice OA patterned papers.

Next I lightly inked the glimmermisted cardstock with pink distress ink and did the same with the base embossed cardstock. Then I mounted these cloud masks onto foam tape and adhered them onto my layout for their final resting place... great job, clouds! LOL! Lastly, I adhered this decorated background onto the embossed, inked cardstock.


Oh yes, and I also cut myself some grass there - so the white glimmermisted cardstock has been cut, and green patterned paper is underneath. And I rounded the corners. LOL!

I totally adore that bike button, don't you? It's even the perfect colour for my layout! I got them at the last Purple Pumpkin sale... with these photos in mind!

Also from Purple Pumpkin are those adorable rose cabochons - they rule - and the sweet Valentine's Bakers Twine (which I've used around the bike button, as movement lines behind the bike photo and as a cute trail behind a 'tweet birdie. You can check out Purple Pumpkin's fantastic online store here.

I love working with sketches... they are so versatile and they give you alot of freedom in what you can scrap.

Don't forget about our fantastic monthly sketch challenge right here. It's such a pleasure and an inspiration, to see how all of you talented scrappers, use PP's fabulous embellishments! :)

Well that's all from me for today - thanks so much for visiting!!!

Cheers,
Chantal
xo

8 comments:

stacey said...

WOW, you have been busy, this just screams fun. LOVE THE BRIGHTNESS

stacey said...

WOW, you have been busy, this just screams fun. LOVE THE BRIGHTNESS

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks Stacey! :)

Sarah said...

This is GORGEOUS Chantal - I love the bright colours and your photos are always so awesome!!!

Gwen Wruck said...

Hang on a second, let me get my sunnies..... Wowzers Chantal this is super fab, love it ALL!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks do much for your lovely words, girls!! :) :)

Zima said...

Love this page! So bright and full of pretty colors. This makes me happy!

And thank you for your sweet comment in by blog! =)
Maria

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks, Zima!!! :)