Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hello, Chantal with you today... :)


  Today I'd like to share with you a layout I made using the latest sketch at Stuck?! Sketches.  I've been really getting into sketches lately - they are so inspiring and a terrific starting point aren't they?  Well I've had a lovely time making this layout.  I had the perfect photos to use for this sketch, as soon as I saw the sketch I knew what I wanted to do!  Here I've documented my daughter's 100m Sprint race against her class and.. she WON!  I was super duper proud (of course) and I was so glad I captured these action shots and documented it whilst still fresh in the memory banks! ;)


I've actually machine stitched my "Shore" Light Blue Baker's Twine onto my layout as a border, and tied off the ends into a twine bow.  I was actually suprised how easy it was to machine stitch this twine, as once it was "lined up" in the machine - it was all systems go!  The twine was so easy to stitch because it fit into the "foot" perfectly and all I had to do was guide it.  I will definitely be doing this again!

I've also machine stitched my faux "ribbons" (like the prize ribbons) which are made from patterned paper and photo offcuts!!!  LOL!  Using photo offcuts is certainly one way to match your photos! :D

The doily, XL Zig Zag (or is that Chevron - I don't know the difference, if there even is one) fabric button and rose cabochon are also from Purple Pumpkin's Store.


The white paper I used was handmade (no not by me, by Kmart LOL) and I've masked it with used alpha sticker sheet negatives and misted over the top (all my alpha negative sticker sheets go out in style).  Then I've lightly chalked over this in spots to "warm it up a little" to complement the grass in the photos.  Chalking... now that's a technique that's NOT "so hot right now".  Maybe it's time for a revival! ;)

By the way - there's still time left to get your entries in for May's sketch!  Check out the deets right here!

Thanks so much for your company today and I hope you have a great day!

Until next time!

Cheers,
Chantal :D

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Such a gorgeous LO Chantal!! And I love your take on the sketch..x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you Leanne!!!

Gwen Wruck said...

Great layout Chantal, love the stitching idea for the twine!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Cheers, Gwen!
xo

Raechelle Bellus said...

Your ideas and creativity are stellar!!! I love the stiched twine around the border!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much, Raechelle!