Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello everyone! It's Chantal with you today...

How's it going?  Did you grab yourselves a bargain at the big 2nd Birthday Sale?  If not, you may still be in luck!  You can check out what's still up for grabs at Purple Pumpkin's store.  

Today I'd like to share this layout which was selected to be in the top 20 traditional entries for the Scrapbooking Memories & Expertise Events BLACK AND WHITE PLUS ONE competition, here in Australia.  

I didn't end up winning, but I mainly did it for the challenge and my daughter Heidi absolutely 
loves this page!  :)



I have used lots of "scraps" on my page.  Amongst these scraps are quite a few off-cuts of 
Purple Pumpkin's hand-dyed doilies.  I know I've probably mentioned this before, 
but in case you missed it, I actually hardly ever use a PP doily "whole" on my pages.  
So when I mean "whole" I mean that I cut them up!  :)

So I thought that showing this layout would be a very good example of how I claim that I 
don't let any of my cut-up doilies go to waste.  Here's the proof!  LOL!  

Also included on my layout are PP cute li'l rose cabochons.  These are sooo easy to use.  
I seem to use them up sooo fast!!!



I didn't get to see all the entries to this competition, but I've seen a handful of them online and 
I love each and every one of them so much!  It would of been fantastic to see them altogether!

I hope that I may of inspired you to cut up your doilies and use up even the littlest scraps to 
add that something special.  :)

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Cheers!
Chantal! :)

10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Chantal, I've said if before, but I'll say it again...you ROCK at doing multi photo LO's & you always manage to make them look REALLY interesting:):):):)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a lovely LO, looks beautiful.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much for your kind words! Really appreciate it! :D

Lizzy said...

WOW This is beautiful, so bright and cheery it's easy to see why your daughter loves it.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks Lizzy! :)

Unknown said...

Heidi's not the only one to love this layout ;0) Simply stunning!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Cheers, Ali! :)

amanda73 said...

love love this layout.... you just amaze me at what you can do with 'scraps'

Mrs Rogers said...

Amazing page Chantal, where do you get your ideas from! You have such a fun and amazing style, thank you for sharing them with us. BTW thank you for all the positive comments you always leave me.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you so much Amanda, and Sarah - what a lovely thing to say! And it's a pleasure to leave comments on your lovely work! :D
xo