Sunday, December 2, 2012

"Each Moment Only Once" Layout by Helen Tilbury





Hi there ladies!  HELEN here with a weird & wonderful creation for you today!  I created this for my Design Team work at Berry71Bleu this month, where we are all 'Going Crazy'!!  
I used lots of gorgeous & timeless Purple Pumpkin twine available HERE.  Twine is an inexpensive way to make a modern style statement on your layouts!
I doubled it up (which is immediately more effectual)then twisted it around, securing here & there with TINY glue-dots.
I inked up the little wooden heart buttons - 
available HERE.  They're TOO cute!!
I used a really thick modeling paste for my stenciling,
which gave a really nice, raised effect!
I used lots & lots of twine around my cut-out photo,
for a really unusual effect (the idea was it was meant
to reflect the over-working of my son's brain!!!)
I hope you enjoyed my unusual layout & will give something similar a try yourself!  You can read more about my layout on my blog HERE

Supplies List for 'Each Moment Only Once' Layout

Papers - 7 Dots Studio - Domestic Goddess -
 White Apron & Women's Talk
Stickers & Tags - 7 Dots - Hopefully Collection 
Stencil - 6" Reverse Chicken Wire - The Crafter's Workshop
Modeling Paste - Reeves
Mon Ami Creamy Crayon Sticks - Red, Yellow & Orange
Black Mist - Maya Road 'Charcoal'
Twine & Wooden Heart Buttons - Purple Pumpkin
Chipboard Cogs - Imaginarium Design
Inks - Black - Doodlebug - Red - Color Box - Warm Red
Beige Crackle Paint - Ranger - Antique Linen
Black Paint - Making Memories - Asphalt
Journaling Pen - Shachihata
Light Bulb, Wooden Bird & Black Alphas - Prima



5 comments:

Kerry said...

What a great LO!

ellyscard creatief said...

Nice creation.
Gr Elly

Sandie said...

I really like this, it is different, unique and certainly eye-catching. What a handsome young man too. :-) The texture in the background is amazing... love, love, love!

reneabouquets said...

Gasp! What a totally gorgeous, masculine piece! Thank you for your sweet comments on my Scraps of Elegance projects and for hopping along with us~ Renea

Debbie said...

Amazing details Helen! Love your use of the twine.