Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Blossoms by Debbie

Hi everyone, Debbie here!!!  I know last month I did my farewell post, but things change and I'm happy to say that I will be staying on for another term here at Purple Pumpkin as the sketch artist.  I love designing sketches and I hope that everyone enjoys them.  Here is my layout using the April sketch.
 I created my background using a piece of white cardstock. I added a small amount of blue pastel paint in a spray bottle and diluted it with water and randomly sprayed my background.  I inked randomly with some yellow and pink inks.

My cluster includes a pink doily and pink fabric button from the Purple Pumpkin store.

Here I have used a fabric cloud button.  I inked it with some blue ink.

I live about an hour away from Washington DC, known for it's beautiful Cherry Blossoms in the Spring.  I'm not sure if the picture I used in my layout is a Cherry Blossom tree, as it was taken years ago by my daughter.  Hate to admit it, but I've lived in the state of Maryland all of my life and have never visited Washington DC to see the Cherry Blossoms.

I can't wait to see what you create using the April sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!
 . . . Debbie

6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Congrats , Debbie... Really looking forward to seeing your sketches...no idea of the tree, but it is really pretty:):):)

Elaine coustley said...

Your layout is so beautifull, looks like cherry blossom to me.x

anne-louise said...

So pleased to hear you will be doing another term. I love, love, love you sketches.Lovely layout, very pretty.

Lesley G said...

Great layout, the photo just fades into the background :)

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful Debbie.
Gr Elly

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the soft colors!!!!!xx