Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Up high by Judith Armstrong

Good morning Purple Pumpkin fans. This month I've been playing along with CSI and this is a layout I created for one of their challenges. The photo is of one of my adopted cats Smidge. We often see him sitting up on top of our lattice screen. He started doing it as it thought he could get closer to the birds but without luck.
I created a background using some texture paste and a stencil. Then I washed over it with some watercolour paints to create a subtle blue and green background. I also painted some clouds through another stencil using watercolour paints and then gesso to subdue them a bit.
I handwrote my journalling and added some words in bright orange motex.

Here are some close ups. 
I have used a green yo you flower, and tucked in an orange fabric button under the flowers. I also used some orange twine to attach a little silver cat charm.


I used some pale blue lace that I got in a Purple Pumpkin goodie bag.  


Finally, I added some wood veneer shapes. I added some butterfly wings to the cat to represent  Smidge's desire to fly.

Thanks for looking.

Judith xx

1 comment:

Elaine coustley said...

I just love your layout. Puss looks very grand up on high 'love the layers & colour combination.x